Anatomical Modifications After Stent Implantation: A Comparative Analysis Between CGuard, Wallstent, and Roadsaver Carotid Stents
PublicationJournal of Endovascular Therapy 1–7 2022
AuthorLuca Ginanni Corradini MD, Simone Balocco PhD, Luciano Maresca, MD, Silvio Vitale, MD, and Matteo Stefanini, MD, PhD
FocusCarotid revascularization can be associated with modifications of the vascular geometry, which may lead to complications. The study prospectively recruited 217 consecutive patients (112 CGuard, 73 WallStent, and 32 RoadSaver, respectively). The changes on the vessel angulation before and after a carotid WallStent (WS) implantation are compared against two new dual-layer devices, CGuard (CG) and RoadSaver (RS).
• CGuard determines minor changes over the basal morphology than WallStent and RoadSaver stents.
• CGuard respects better the native vessel anatomy than the other stents.
• For CGuard, no statistical difference in the axial vessel geometry between the basal and postprocedural angles was found.
• For WallStent and RoadSaver, statistical difference was found between pre- and post-angles.
• CGuard induces lower changes from the original curvature with respect to WS and RS.